Due to the ongoing pandemic we are having to adapt some of our business practices in the interests of public healthy and safety and to comply with the current guidelines. This section will be updated as we get further updates from the UK government but here is a list of our current measures that we have taken:
- We now offer a free delivery service within the Monifieth and Broughty Ferry area. If you live out with this area and would like a book to be delivered this will be sent via Royal Mail at a standard rate of £2.
- Payments can now be taken over the phone and we are working on migrating all of our stock onto this website which will have full payment functionality.
- We have stopped serving food in The Bookhouse.
- Hot drinks such as tea and coffees are still available but these are for take away only.
- All seating has been removed from our cafe as everything is for takeaway only.
The welfare of our staff and customers is absolute paramount to us so in line with the UK government guidelines we would like to reiterate if you do feel at all unwell we strongly encourage you to stay at home and self-isolate. All people who are over the age of 70 years old have been told by the government to self isolate regardless of how they feel. In the interest of your own health and safety and others please do adhere to this and take advantage of our new delivery service if you would like a book to help you through the self isolation.
In these trying times we all need to look after each other so please continue to do so, keep in frequent contact with family, friends and neighbours to make sure they are ok and look after yourselves. We will all get through this if we work together.
The Bookhouse Team
Share this post
- Tags: COVID-19